SANITATION GUIDELINES (EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 9, 2020)
Every household will receive one cart at the monthly rate of $16.00. If an additional cart is needed, customers can call the Sanitation office to request an additional cart for an additional charge of $8.00 per month per cart.
City sanitation rates are set by City Ordinance 2021-02 and are subject to change. There will be an inflation adjustment of 3% or the Consumer Price Index (CPI), whichever is greater, applied annually to all rates and fees on October 1st of each year.
- Place carts no further than three (3) feet off the roadway.
- Carts should be placed so that they OPEN TOWARD THE ROADWAY.
- Cart should be placed on the opposite linear/horizontal side of your mailbox, if possible. (For example, if you stand facing your driveway and your mailbox is on the left-hand side, then your cart will need to be on the right-hand side of your driveway.)
- Place the cart at least four (4) feet from poles, fire hydrants, or any other obstacles and at least ten (10) feet away from vehicles.
- Please do not place cart on the other side of a ditch as the automated arm will not reach that far.
- All garbage must be inside the City of Cullman Sanitation garbage cart, and all garbage must be bagged. Any garbage not placed in a City of Cullman Sanitation garbage cart WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. Old trash cans may not be used as they are not designed to withstand the force of the mechanical gripper on the truck.
- DO NOT put yard debris, rocks, dirt, building and construction debris, hot or flammable items, hazardous materials, or chemicals in your cart. (The City of Cullman offers a large item pickup for an additional fee. Please call Sanitation to schedule this service.)
- Please have your cart out by 5:00 a.m. on the day of service. Garbage not out by this time will not be picked up until the following week.
- If you are moving, please call Sanitation to pick up the cart. If the cart is missing, an additional $60.00 fee will be added to your final bill for the cost of the container.
- Every cart has a serial number assigned to the address to which it is delivered. It is a criminal offense to remove a City of Cullman cart without permission from the City of Cullman Sanitation Department.
- If you are unsure what day your garbage is picked up, refer to the Sanitation Quadrants map or contact the Sanitation Department.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact the City of Cullman Sanitation Department.