CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 2nd, 2023 at 7:00 P.M.
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. READING OF MINUTES from September 25, 2023.
V. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
VI. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Brad Smith
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VII. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VIII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
IX. PUBLIC HEARINGS
X. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
P1 1. A special event request from Greg Speegle of Cullman Moose Lodge for the Annual Turkey Shoots every Saturday morning in November and December.
P2 2. A special event request from Amanda Garrison of Sonic Drive-In for Cruise-In’s on Compass Way SW on October 13, November 10, and December 8, 2023.
P3 3. A special event request from The Link of Cullman for a Trunk or Treat with Community Meal on October 26th.
XI. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution No. 2024-01 to proclaim Wednesday, October 18th, 2023, as Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day
R2 2. Resolution No. 2024-02 to continue supporting the Cullman City School Board and their on-going capital improvement plan.
O3 3. First Reading of Ordinance No. 2024-01 to annex a vacant lot located on County Road 1180 as R-1 Residential District.
O4 4. First Reading of Ordinance No. 2024-02 to annex property located at 970 County Road 702 as R-1 Residential District.
5. Board Appointments: