Once you complete the employment application, you MUST also do the following:
- Email your resume.
- Email the answers to the following questions:
- Do you live in Cullman County?
- What is your expected salary?
- Describe your experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Describe your experience(s) as a cashier.
- What interests you about this position?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
Email your resume and the answers to this question to Allison Bright, CEO of the Utilities Board for the City of Cullman. If this information is not received, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not be considered for this position.
This position involves processing all types of customer payments, including:
- Night depository;
- Drive-up window;
- Cashier's counter,
- B-Banking (Merchants Bank);
- Financial assistance (various organizations);
- Setting new bank drafts;
- Posting bank draft payments, credit card payments, and miscellaneous payments.
While performing the duties of this job, the majority of the time the Cashier will be seated at their desk or standing to wait on customers in a controlled environment. Work space shall be organized and maintained in a safe, neat, and orderly manner. Occasionally it will be necessary to attend training seminars, webinars, or off-site meetings.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree or higher is a plus.
A minimum of three years' experience in a cashier position at a bank, financial institution, or other business where they are required to count down registers and balance cash drawers. (Must provide references and all previous employment experience.)
|KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS
- Ability to operate a calculator efficiently and correctly and have experience in basic keyboarding using a desktop computer.
- Ability to work well with the public (customers) and have good communication skills.
- Word and Excel knowledge (ability to create spreadsheets).
- Must be able to stand while waiting on customers.
- References and previous employments will be verified.
- New employees will need a pre-employment drug test and all employees will be subject to random drug testing.
The Cullman Power Board requires all employees to reside within Cullman County.