About the Human Resources (Personnel) Department:
The City of Cullman Human Resources (Personnel) Office provides personnel and payroll services and benefits administration for all municipal employees. The office maintains a comprehensive payroll system, maintains employee records and files in accordance with state and federal law, and provides support services to other departments. Job openings for the City of Cullman are posted on our website, on the Alabama Joblink site, and on social media (see links below).
Frequently Asked Questions:
You may apply for a job with the City of Cullman by clicking the job title that you are interested in and then clicking the “APPLY NOW” button to open the online application. Please remember that it is important that you list all of the education and experience you possess, include your correct contact information, and ensure that all of your responses on the application are true and accurate before submitting your application. If you have a resume, please submit it separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, City of Cullman, P.O. Box 278, Cullman, AL 35056-0278.
Our job benefits include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees (City pays full cost of employee’s coverage, and a portion of dependent coverage)
- AirMedCare Network (free membership for all full-time employees)
- Cullman Wellness & Aquatic Center (free membership for all full-time employees)
- RSA (Retirement Systems of Alabama) Retirement Benefits
- Paid Life Insurance Coverage (City pays entire cost.)
- Education Incentives
- 5% of Salary Education Benefit for Associates Degree for Classified Employees (even for unrelated field)
- 5% of Salary Education Benefit for Employees with an Honorable Discharge from the Military
- 10% of Salary Education Benefit for Bachelors Degree or Higher for Classified Employees (even for unrelated field)
- Earned Vacation Leave (Employees may carry over vacation to the following year up to a maximum of 240 hours):
- 1-5 Years of Continuous Service: Earn 6.66 hours per month
- 5-10 Years of Continuous Service: Earn 8.66 hours per month
- 10-15 Years of Continuous Service: Earn 12 hours per month
- 15+ Years of Continuous Service: Earn 13.33 hours per month
- Earned Sick Leave: 4 hours per pay period, up to 960 hours. (Employees on 24 hour shifts: 6 hours per pay period up to 1272 hours.)
- Vacation/Sick Leave Donation Bank
- Paid Time Off for Jury Duty
- Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
- Uniforms and Uniform Maintenance for Employees Required to Wear Uniforms
- Direct Deposit of Earnings
- Payroll Deductions for Employee’s Convenience:
- FOP Dues
- Alabama Peace Officers Annuity
- Firefighter Association Dues for Fire Rescue
- Supplemental Insurance Policies
- FICA Benefits
Your employment application will be stored securely in the Human Resources Department to be considered for current and future job openings.
Your employment application will remain on file in the Human Resources Department for twelve (12) months from the date we receive it, unless you notify us that you are no longer interested in employment and wish to withdraw your application.
If it has been over twelve (12) months since you submitted your application, you must submit an updated application to the Human Resources Department if you wish to be considered for employment with the City of Cullman.
A list of current job openings is provided on the JOB OPENINGS page under "CURRENT VACANCIES." You may also contact the Human Resources Department during regular office hours to inquire about current job opportunities.
EMPLOYEES & RETIREES:
If you are active on social media, you can keep up-to-date on employee-related or retiree-related news by joining the City of Cullman Employee & Retiree Private Facebook Page. Contact us for more details.