Residential Trash Collection
- Residential garbage is picked up Monday – Thursday each week.
- Garbage containers must be watertight with tight fitting lids or tops, free of standing water, 32 gallons or less in size, and must have two handles.
- Drums or barrels cannot be used as garbage containers.
- Roll-off containers are available for rent from the Sanitation Department. Call (256) 737-7560 or email us for rates and terms.
Commercial Trash Collection
- Commercial dumpster service is provided. Call (256) 737-7560 or email us for rates and terms.
Extra pickup of large items not picked up with regular garbage (appliances, furniture, wood, metal, and so forth) may be picked up for an additional fee. Extra pickups are only done on Friday mornings. Requests for extra pickups must be called in to the Sanitation Department, and items must be placed curbside prior to 6:00 a.m.
- Recycle bins are available for residential customers: One per household residence.
- Recycle bins are not available for apartment complexes or commercial businesses.
- Recycle bins are picked up weekly and must be at the curb by 6:00 a.m.
- Recycle dumpsters are available at City schools for the public’s use.
- Paper (mail, magazines, etc.)
- Plastic (bottles, jugs, etc.)
- Cans (steel & aluminum)
Items NOT Accepted:
- Aluminum Foil
- Aerosol Cans
- Hazardous Items & Waste
- Brush & Limbs should be placed within five (5) feet of the curb – not in the street.
- Brush and limbs must be placed away from vehicles and mailboxes, within easy access of the boom.
- Limbs must be less than six (6) feet in length.
- Stumps and tree parts must weigh less than seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Dirt, rocks, and concrete – or any other materials – cannot be mixed in with the brush and limbs.
- Only three (3) cubic yards can be picked up by crews, per stop.
- Contractors are responsible for removal of brush and limbs they service.
Mowing & Maintenance of City Rights-of-Way
- Mowing and bush-hogging of city and state rights-of-way within the city limits.
- Removal of litter from street rights-of-way.
- Planting and care of trees, flowers, shrubs, etc., on street rights-of-way.
City Facility Grounds Maintenance
- Maintenance of the grounds of municipal buildings, parks, and other facilities.
- Maintenance of flower beds, trees, and shrubs on municipal property.
Street Sweeping Services
General maintenance sweeping of streets.
Insect and mosquito control throughout the City of Cullman.
OFFICE HOURS, LOCATION, & CONTACT INFORMATION
City of Cullman
Public Works Annex
1638 Brantley Avenue
Cullman, AL 35055
City of Cullman
P.O. Box 278
Cullman, AL 35056-0278