Administration 2017-10-16T14:10:12+00:00

Administration Department

Office of the City Clerk

Wesley M. Moore, City Clerk

The City Clerk acts as an administrative liaison between the City Council and the Mayor, as provided by state law and city code. The City Clerk’s responsibilities include preparing City Council agendas, recording minutes of City Council meetings, authenticating and recording all official acts of the City, processing and maintaining legislative records and documents, attesting to the correctness and certifying legislative documents, and providing municipal government information to the public. The office of the City Clerk also handles the following:

Business (Privilege) Licenses

Each business operating within the City of Cullman is required to purchase an annual privilege license. Licenses are renewable and due January 1st of each year and are delinquent on February 1st.

Business (Privilege) License
Business License Ordinance

Alcohol Licenses

Alcohol licenses are issued for the calendar year. Applications for alcohol licenses are reviewed by the ARC (Alcohol Review Committee). The ARC then makes recommendations to the City Council. Completed applications must be brought to the City Clerk’s Office by the owner or manager of the establishment.

Alcohol License
Alcohol License Renewal

Pet Licenses

Each owner of a dog or other animal subject to the licensing provisions of the City of Cullman’s pet ordinance shall obtain a license tag from the City Clerk’s Office. It shall be unlawful for any person to possess, keep, or harbor in the City any dog or other animal required to be vaccinated for rabies by Alabama law which does not have attached to it a license tag. For more information, please email Stormy Bland.

Special Event Permits

All special events that involve the use of public roads, public sidewalks, or city-owned or city-maintained property – and all special events that involve amplified or excessive noise within the city limits – must be approved in advance by the City Council. The Special Event Permit Request Form must be filled out and submitted for approval well in advance of the event.

Special Event Permit

Yard Sale Permits

The City of Cullman allows two (2) yard sales per year to be held at any residence within city limits. A yard sale permit must be purchased before the date of the sale. The permit fee is $5.00 per day.

Yard Sale Permit

Other Services & Resources:

City Council

Office Hours & Contact Information

Office Hours
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday – Friday

Phone: (256)775-7109
Fax: 256-775-7132

Physical Address
Cullman City Hall
Accounting Department
204 2nd Avenue NE
Cullman, AL 35056-0278

Mailing Address
City of Cullman
P.O. Box 278
Cullman, AL 35056-0278

Wesley M. Moore
City Clerk

Sherry Compton
City Treasurer

Kim Puckett
Administrative Assistant

Amy Handley
Revenue Officer (Business Licenses)

Stormy Bland
Administrative Clerk

Billy Handley
Revenue Enforcement Officer

Gail Busbey
Executive Consultant

Go Park Yourselfie is a new summer campaign that will help you to get out and have fun in all of our neighborhood and community parks! This selfie-style scavenger hunt will have you visit different parks and take selfies while doing active and fun things at each park! Participants will take their selfies and post them to our Cullman Parks & Recreation Facebook page. We will pick a winner each week from the most creative pictures, so be sure to have fun with your selfie!