CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 14th, 2019 at 7:00PM
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER & INVOCATION
II. ROLL CALL
III. READING OF MINUTES FROM SEPTEMBER 30th, 2019 and OCTOBER 7, 2019.
IV. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
V. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Andy Page
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VI. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. To set a public hearing on November 25th, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. for Ordinance No. 2020-03 to rezone property located at 1315 County Road 222 from R-1 to AG-1 which received a favorable recommendation from the City of Cullman Planning Commission.
2. To set a public hearing on November 25th, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. for Ordinance No. 2020-04 to vacate and surplus a utility easement on Lot 466 of the City of Cullman which received a favorable recommendation from the City of Cullman Planning Commission.
IX. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
P1 1. A special event request from Reyford Parker of Outlaw DJ Service to hold a benefit fundraiser to help a family with nine month old girl with cancer on First Avenue between Festhalle and Highway 278 on October 19th, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
P2 2. A special event request from Shannon Witcher of Grace Chapel / If the Shoe Fits for a Trunk or Treat on the Warehouse District block of 1st Ave NE on October 30, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
P3 3. A special event request from Nathanial Hutchinson of Cullman Moose Lodge for a turkey shoot competition behind the Moose Lodge on Eva Road every Saturday in November and December, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
P4 4. A special event request from Daniel Lloyd of East Side Baptist Church for a “Hot Chocolate 5K” and Fun Run fundraiser benefitting the Kids Side Children’s Ministry with the route being Convent Road, 3rd Street and Oak Street on November 2, 2019 from 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
X. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution 2020-01 to enter into an agreement with Lincoln Insurance Company to provide life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage for city employees, through The Prewitt Group.
R2 2. Resolution 2020-02 to apply for the CRISI Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements grant.
R3 3. Resolution No. 2020-03 to enter into a contract with St. John & Associates, Inc. for engineering services on sewer system improvements.
O4 4. First Reading of Ordinance No. 2020-02 to annex property owned by LGO Realty Holdings, LP located at 645 AL Highway 157 into the city limits of Cullman as B-2, subject to compliance with all Building and Fire Codes, which received a favorable recommendation from the City of Cullman Planning Commission.
5. Board Appointments: