CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, February 11th, 2019 at 7:00PM
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
CALL TO ORDER & INVOCATION
II. ROLL CALL
III. READING OF MINUTES FROM JANUARY 21ST, 2019
IV. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
V. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Andy Page
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VI. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. To set the public hearing for the rezoning of property located on Main Avenue SW and Morningside Drive SW from R-2 to R-4.
IX. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
P1 1. A special event request from Melissa Aaron of East Elementary PTO to hold a one mile fun run and a 5k color run starting at East Elementary on March 16th,2019 at 7:00 a.m. to raise money for playground equipment.
P2 2. A special event request from Jenny Helton of Desperation College to hold a 5k run starting at the Festhalle on April 27th, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. to raise money for Desperation College.
XI. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
O1 1. First Reading of Ordinance No. 2019-08 to authorize and approve the rehiring retired police officers and firefighters.
R2 2. Resolution No. 2019-31 to appoint Jason Nunnelley as Director of Technology Village of the City of Cullman, Alabama.
3. Board Appointments:
R4 4. Resolution No. 2019-32 to approve new promotion procedures for the City of Cullman Police Department.
R5 5. Resolution No. 2019-33 to amend position control detail for the City of Cullman (add diesel technician).
R6 6. Resolution No. 2019-34 to amend the physical fitness stipend for certified law enforcement officers and firefighters to include a stipend of one-half the normal rate for part-time certified law enforcement officers that have worked a minimum of 250 hours in the preceding year.