CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13th, 2023 at 7:00 P.M.
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. READING OF MINUTES from October 30, 2023.
V. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
VI. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Brad Smith
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VII. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VIII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
IX. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. To set a public hearing on December 11, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. for Ordinance No. 2024-04 to rezone property located at 1510 Logan Road SW from R-3 to R-4 residential district which received a favorable recommendation from the Planning Commission.
X. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
P1 1. A special event request from Bill McCartney to hold the Santa Paws Parade from Grace Episcopal Church through the Warehouse District on Saturday, December 9, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
P2 2. A special event request from Special Events Director Kelly Pulliam to hold the Christkindlmarkt in Depot Park from Thursday, November 24, 2023, through Sunday, December 23, 2023.
P3 3. A special event request from Special Events Director Kelly Pulliam to hold the Christmas Parade at 6:00 p.m. and Tree Lighting Ceremony at 7:30 p.m. in Depot Park on Friday, December 1, 2023.
XI. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution No. 2024-09 to enter into an agreement with St. John & Associates for engineering services to design and bid streetscape improvements along 4th Avenue SW and 4th Street SW.
R2 2. Resolution No. 2024-10 to apply for a LWCF (Land and Water Conservation Fund) grant to make park improvements at Lions Club Park.
3. Board Appointments: