CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 23rd, 2022 at 7:00 P.M.
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. READING OF MINUTES from May 9, 2022.
V. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
VI. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) –
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VII. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VIII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
IX. PUBLIC HEARINGS
X. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
1. A presentation from the developer of GLB Cullman, LLC related on the rezoning request.
XI. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution No. 2022-68 to award the bid for taxiway improvements at the Cullman Regional Airport to the lowest responsible bidder, Ameriseal of Ohio, Inc., in the budgeted amount of $142,504.50.
R2 2. Resolution No. 2022-69 to enter into a professional services contract with Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood to update the Cullman Regional Airport Layout Plan.
R3 3. Resolution No. 2022-70 to make application for the Homeland Security Grant Program.
O4 4. Second Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-16 to rezone property located east of King Edward Street SW and 3rd Ave SE from R-1 Residential District to R-4 Residential District, which received a favorable recommendation from the Planning Commission.
O5 5. Second Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-17 to annex properties owned by Joseph and Emalie McGaughey on County Road 1300 and County Road 1301 as R-1 Residential District, which received a favorable recommendation from the Planning Commission.
6. Board Appointments:
R7 7. Resolution No. 2022-71 to amend the ADECA Recreational Trails Program (RTP) grant application.