CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 27th, 2020 at 7:00PM
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER & INVOCATION
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. ROLL CALL
V. READING OF MINUTES FROM JANUARY 13th, 2020
VI. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
VII. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Andy Page
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
VIII. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
IX. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
X. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. To set a public hearing on March 3rd, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. for Ordinance No. 2020-16 to adopt a new zoning ordinance for the City of Cullman, Alabama.
XI. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
XII. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution No. 2020-46 to award the bid for streetscape improvements (a TAP grant project) to First Avenue NE from Arnold Street to Second Street to the lowest responsible bidder, Powe General Contracting, LLC, in the budgeted amount of $1,380,053.
R2 2. Resolution No. 2020-47 to enter into a contract for professional services with Renta Urban Land Design to provide master planning, hardscape design, landscape design, all construction documents, and the construction administration for the complete renovation of Nesmith Park (a LWCF grant project).
R3 3. Resolution No. 2020-48 to purchase the Whittle property located at 608 10th Avenue SE (adjacent to East Side Park) in the budgeted amount of $125,000
R4 4. Resolution No. 2020-49 to purchase the Ray property (Lot 6 of Terrace Heights Fourth Addition) in the budgeted amount of $38,250.
R5 5. Resolution No. 2020-50 to enter into a pricing agreement with Cullman Regional Medical Center related to providing inmate care.
6. Board Appointments:
R7 7. Resolution No. 2020-51 to award the bid for water and sewer repair materials to the lowest responsible bidder, Southern Pipe and Supply Company, Inc., in the budgeted amount of $138,594.