CULLMAN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 2023 at 7:00 P.M.
LUCILLE N. GALIN AUDITORIUM
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. READING OF MINUTES from January 9, 2022.
V. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
VI. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Public Safety (Fire, Police, etc.) – Council Member Brad Smith
2. Utilities (Water, Sewer, etc.) – Council Member David Moss
3. Public Works (Street, Sanitation, etc.) – Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Tourism (Parks & Recreation, Airport, etc.) – Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. General Government (Finance, Economic Development, etc.) – Council Member Jenny Folsom
1. 1st Quarterly Financial Report
2. Cullman City Schools Quarterly Report – Dr. Kyle Kallhoff.
VII. REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
VIII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
IX. PUBLIC HEARINGS
PH1 1. To set a public hearing on February 20th, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. for Ordinance No. 2023-14 to adopt the 2021 International Building Code including the companion codes, which received a favorable recommendation from the Planning Commission.
X. REQUESTS, PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND OTHER
P1 1. A special event request from City Clerk Wes Moore to hold the 2023 AHSAA State Track Meet at Cullman High School beginning on May 3, 2023 and ending on May 6, 2023.
XI. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
R1 1. Resolution No. 2023-20 to declare and surplus inventory, equipment, and other assets not needed by the City of Cullman.
R2 2. Resolution No. 2023-21 to award bid for Mann Subbasin sewer rehabilitation for cleaning and tv inspection to the lowest responsible bidder, Spectrum Industrial Services, in the amount of $471,807.
R3 3. Resolution No. 2023-22 to award bid for the concrete and electrical work on the Cullman recycling building to the lowest responsible bidder, BMSI, in the amount of $264,641.
4. Board Appointments: